couch cover old blue -> gold paisley

I upholstered the couch!

The backs of these couches come off. I wouldn't have been able to do it so neatly otherwise. 

Fiance (now husband) was having major colds and infections and illnesses while I was doing this. It was not happy because of the sheer amount of dust and cut fabric particles that were floating around. 

Upholstery stuff was waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive so I found some really nice sheets for sale and used the instead. 



Practice with old, old, old sheets. I realized when I was doing the real thing the practice was so much easier because there was a grid to follow as I sewed. 



I measured out squares of fabric.


Then I sewed inside out on the opposite side.



Side back rest panel.
I had to tear out and redo it because where the middle back panel I easily sewed the sides, I forgot that the side back panels have wider sides that stick out over the arm. I measured and cut additional panels (15 and 16)



One of the foot rests. 



First time sewing project. I learned the hard way.  I also learned that thimbles are so that you can press the needle into the sewing object. 


I found middle of digit guards!




Assembled middle



Testing out the pieces



Finished side!



Pieces everywhere



More assembling!

Backs of arms. I cut one side smaller than I had measured and I was like so what but I figured out there is a what. The fully covered side I actually didn't sew down so it keeps pulling out. I'll have to sew it down. 




Finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment