Usually, yes! Please look around the site e.g. If you would like a baby gift, you may click in the label list GiftForBaby
How does it work?
I make a post/link for everything. Some people want to be involved with design and customization. Some people just want to wait for a package to show up. You tell me how involved you want to be.
How long does it take?
You will probably receive a USPS package within 1-4 months of whenever I let you know I have STARTED the project, not when you FIRST talk to me about it. I generally do not do holiday rushes.
How much does it cost?
Recipients respect that they are getting something handmade and care for their imperfect objects.
Some share their blog post link on social media. Some pay whatever they would pay at a store to get a similar gift. Some ask if I need anything. I may ask you to pay for shipping if we can't arrange pickup/dropoff.
Do you have things you like or hate to do?
I like doing realistic objects but yarn has its limits. I love to do freehand, meaning no two things I make ever look exactly alike. I am a person, not a machine!
I cannot stand knitting a plain rectangle. You can see every flaw--like a poorly boiled egg!
Do you do repairs?
Drop me a line!
Do you work with charities?
Check out the Loose Ends Project link! I would love to make something for a charity like LEP or Knitted Knockers or a similar organization.
I am a classicist. Will you make a "tapestry" for me like your Oedipus Kylix?
We can discuss. Please contact me!!
Are you on ravelry?
Yes! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/ickys-ravelry-store
How do I get in touch with you?
Email me at ickyknits@gmail.com or leave a comment on any post!
Why do you do this?
I love to make very thoughtful, intentional gifts. I love to make people laugh. I love to spread cheer. I love to see the delight on peoples' faces. I love to do something nice in this world that is so often not nice. I love to make gifts the way any artist loves: deeply and spontaneously.

No comments:
Post a Comment