Hyper realistic flowers for florist

Custom Order: a floral wreath!


Finished just in time for Easter! Happy Spring!! 
04/03/2036-- I had to stop because no more flowers would fit on the frame. In a way, I took notes on all 12 but clearly started with the flowers I wanted to try the most so maybe it's okay to not do the rest....I will have to move the rest of the undone flowers to a different post later without breaking the hyperlinks.

6-Peach Rose
Design notes: I count a total of: 11 exterior wide petals with a center-notch, 9 medium rolling petals, 5 interior cone petals. Really good bud close-up on wiki. 
    Greens: serrated edges, pinnate. Just can't forget the thorns!
    Inside (4-5)
    Middle (9)
    Work a 2x4 swatch, live stiches longways and start CO either side to create a point. Cut off and sc from where center points to the side to cut seam. Add to central base.
    Swatch of CO 14 below
    Exterior(11)

    8-Gladiolus (Orange)
    Design Notes: This beautiful orange one is just so pretty. Fuller blooms on the bottom with progressively unopened but color showing tips on top. 
Greens: Very thick stalk with frond things on top. make at least one extra length full length leaf/sheath(lol sword pun). 


I am NEVER doing this one again. Turned out great but such a pain. Also made an ugly sheath leaf.

3-Daffodil (Yellow/Two-Tone)
Design Notes: Apparently daffodil pieces come in as wide a range as hand buttered popcorn! Six overlapping petals, close to tulip petal texture. Duck-bill orange center and daffodil yellow outside :) 
Greens: wide, very dark green stem, brown top right below bulb
Inside cone of daffodil done. Gotta do outside of it now.


Conclusion: I am DEFINITELY making more of these with the same weight as the light yellow. The dark goldenrod was too heavy and clunky.

2-Violet (Indigo)
Design notes: Holy Moly there are so many kinds of violets. The more pink side of the spectrum captioned here as a variant since they tend to be not as pink-ish. The petals are almost very leathery/folded tissue paper texture. 
Greens: leaves glossy, heart shaped



7-Water Lily (Lavender)
Design notes: Some pics have way more petals than others. Some Not really sure if it's a species thing, or what. Greens: Lily pad. No other greens.
Construction notes: Extremely clumsy and clunky to make each piece individually but needed to start somewhere. If I ever do this again, will make a disc-base of a circle of petals and then add petals above and below the disc. Would also create a more natural ruffle texture than what I did which was essentially double stack all petals. Must redo if I have time. 



4-Daisy (White/Yellow)
Design Notes: Oxeye daisies are called oxeye because the center goes in! I am not going to bother with a sunken construction and I think the full-on puffed bobble of a classic English daisy would be more fun. Extremely, extremely thin petal. 
Greens: surprisingly easy-going stalk, like a dandelion
Construction notes: CO and sc immediately into chain x sc 8 for Whites. Sc yellow half circle, into back loop only to create more of a spiral/pebbled texture.
Extra Note: This was actually a lot of fun and easy. Maybe adapt into a sunflower design.

5-Lily of the Valley (White)
Design Notes: So interesting that these also, the lower ones tend to bloom first. I guess it's just a stalk trait, like how the gladiolus does it. 

Construction notes: Knit bell and crochet tips. Knit rectangle stkntt, draw all loops closed and weave in end for perfect curve.  Sc curved tips facing knitside to pop out--purl side facing out. Makes too many ends to weave in. Not as much of a pain as the gladiolus. Can improve on the bell curve if I ever do this again by swatching the stckntt. 
Greens: Actually need a lighter green to hang the bells off of, and a darker green where it joins the rest of the main stem.
Extra fern experiment
Do by October!
First big hobby lobby trip 03/20/26 bought a floral frame to hang them all in! First hardcore google sesh from 11:16am-3:31pm on a weekend lol

    No comments:

    Post a Comment