When I first started knitting, I used knittingstitchpatterns.com a lot. Quiet, subtitled fast instruction videos. This is a swatch of Chevron Lace 1.
You can see I got confused and flipped sides halfway through. The left side is proper knit side up and the right side is purl side up. Not sure how I did that LOL.
----
----
----
Tip:
RS (right side) in stockinette have the cute little arrow.
WS (wrong side) in stockinette has the "ugly" purl bumps.
It is the first thing you must learn to "read" in your knitting. You can see I "misread" my piece, and flipped RS/WS halfway through the swatch. The portion furthest from the needle is WS.
Charts are either written to show RS and WS or assume that all WS are purl to make stockinette and show RS in the chart. For beginners, if the pattern is SIMPLE, written patterns are definitely easier than charts if only for this reason.

No comments:
Post a Comment