Stuffed Christmas Tree Tabletop Size For MIL


We bought a star and painted it and I sewed tinsel into it. I went three strands of sewing with knotted invisible sewing and I was like bro I can't take it anymore and realized I didn't have to sew strand by strand. I could just cut the tinsel from the top in strips that were one piece and sew that into the tree.

Star was painted by husband. Two coats of some kind of gold. He was very specific about the color. There were two sizes of star and he said the smaller one would be right and I said this bigger one would be right, but it came in packs with both sizes anyway so it didn't matter. I used a wedding name card holder leftover to crochet the crown of the tree around, and then have something to glue the double sides of the stars to at the top of the tree. Pretty genius use of leftover wedding table place card holders and this is my second or third time using them. Definitely don't regret that purchase at all.

Finished product! I think it was like two weeks and it was uncoooomfortable. 
---
Otherisde. Almooooost.
I ended up making way more chevron strips than originally I thought I would because it made it look so real tree like to have the irregular branches even though it would take longer.
---

Ft. my kindle and....either bourbon or single malt....looks like bourbon??
It was really kind of interesting; the more I did, the more I had to remove the cardboard spine. I hardly had any cardboard in at the end, just to keep it upright and not floppy and over-stuffed.

---
I didn't take any early pictures that I could find so it's strips of chevron with a built in bobble stitch. Made them seamless and it was surprisingly hard to figure out where the colors wouldn't overlap too much. I aimed for no more than three dots of the same color visible on all sides and it was pretty tricky since I could only do maybe 8 bobbles at a time and they were irregular branches, not a regularly segmented circular wrap.
---
Rush job for mother in law. Christmas tree. This was actually crocheted.
Bought a new stitch book while I was at mother in laws for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment