Tapestry Oedipus and the Sphinx

Kylix "tapestry" wall art oversized piece

Completion Date July 2020
Start Date April 2020


Almost completely sewn down. Circle is improved but still flawed by a human hand. Looks flatter already though.
---

Sewing backing before we get it framed

---
June 14 2020

All knitted! Unfortunately I didn't get it super perfect circle. Just needs backing, weaving ends, and framing!
---

The Growth of the Soil

Sharpie for scale





---
These are four panels sewn together. I plotted it out to be 4 ft x 4 ft
---

There was a very long and arduous process to figure out how I was going to map/chart out the pattern. I ended up 
1. Blow up the picture with fine detail with paint
2. Download a grid imposing software
3. Swatch for measurements by inch
4. Impose a grid of stitch by stitch
5. Impose a grid of inch by inch

6. Impose a grid of 2-4 inches by 2-4 inches.





No comments:

Post a Comment