I asked for this super specific Judit Gummlich book for Christmas and I'm finally in a state to open it.
Ironically, I strive for variety so I don't have any stkntt pieces to embroider on. Most of my things have lace or cables or a textural thing already. I guess it is swatch season again. Or maybe people will ask for mittens right as spring starts lol yeah right.
The book also has a recommendation for what type of thread to buy for embroidery. Oh joy another thing to buy. I may just split a poorly-plied worsted yarn that tends to split neatly for now. We'll see!
Hi there - I hope you have been loving the Judit Gummlich book! I was also overwhelmed when I first looked at it, but I taught a class on it for my LYS - which is a great way to commit yourself to moving on it!) She really does do great instructions. We used a basic stockinette fingerless mitt (basically a 7-inch square with garter at the top & bottom) as the canvas, and I pulled all the shop's bits and scraps for a big basket of yarns for everyone to play with. You can do this! :-)
ReplyDelete