Oct 2 - THEY RESTOCKED ORIGINAL SIZE! Instant buy!
Sep 7 Final decision: start 2nd panel in original, cannibalize fold-over on 1st panel and swatch, and when that runs out, resume with doubled up lighter weight.
---
Critical decision time: double up on skinnier strand or single of skinnier strand
---
First curtain cast off Sep 5! First panel ended up being 388 grams out of cone measuring 17.6 oz. (498.9 g) and 1260 yd. (1152.1 m) and out of stock!!!
---
Aug 27 2026 - 41 x 8 = 328 rows. 328 rows x 9 min per row = 49.2 hours??? I VASTLY underestimated how many rows I have done???
---
Apparently one row takes 8.5 minutes if I straight knit. Row 9, I forgot to press lap. Plus the time I spent planning
---
Aug 15 2026 -- 40 inches!...or maybe 38 sue me. Also, it has become clear I may have not bought enough for two panels.....I really thought one cone would be enough....ugh. Will have to buy the same color in a different weight :(
---
It groooooows!!
--
Ended up with 22 columns
---
Swatch = about 4.5 inches wide = 26? Stitches
Swatch = about 4.5 inches wide = 26? Stitches
62 wide x 57 tall, which means two panels that are 32 wide x 57 + affixing method tall = 184 stitches?
---
---
Jul 11 2026 - Did a skinny, long tower of swatches from this stitch book because I was too lazy to make individual swatches. I am bemused to say verdict is: they're all basically the same in terms of knitting experience.










No comments:
Post a Comment