Sweater for Fiance

This pattern is the saddle shoulder one I did the practice on earlier..Bangor Saddle Shoulder  Fiance said he didn't like it so I started making this, and then he goes, "Oh. That's kinda nice." So it is his when it is done. 
Cascade 220
----
----
----
----
----
----

Cameo: "I wool always love ewe" with sheep knitting bowl from LennyMud. I found it on Amazon.
----
----
----

armpit!
----
----
----

I made a massive mistake that I had to fix.  I split apart the front and back side incorrectly. I went to move over the stitches from the side that had too many to the side that I had too few. I accidentally moved stitches from the side that had too few so it was even TINIER. It took me a fair amount to puzzle it out and re-distribute/pick up and knit/combine and knit. Ugh. UGH. Will do my best never to make that mistake again. It was so....UGH.
----
----
----


Groooow sleeve growwww 
I think they look like fishtails. Like a lot. 
----
----
----

11/4/18
----
----
----
This. Freaking. Sleeve.

Had to tear out some. Pattern said shape cap  of sleeve--which has a saddle--and length and nothing else so one detailed google search later I BO and shape a set in sleeve cap because I figured the pattern--which is labeled as intermediate/hard--assumed you knew how to make one. I do the set in cap and the next section describes the cap is actually not a set in cap but just extra length of the full sleeve and to do the BO of everything around the saddle after. When I went to tear it out some rows caught on each other and it did the thing where rows get tangled in each other and pulls out more than one row randomly. 
----
----
----
Other sleeve and neck left! Now attached!
----
----
----


Finished 06/08/19!

Right sleeve is wider and the extra fabric bunches up.
I need to reinforce the neck. I was split because I didn't have a 29 in the right size, which is why the bottom rib is loose and bunched up instead of tight. I will either go back and revise it or not. But neck I will definitely brush up.
----
----
----
Tip: It's true what they say....check your lot numbers....There's that stripe from not noticing the second(third?) ball of yarn was a different dye. Oops

No comments:

Post a Comment