My brother got it in the mail
Done!
Look at this shriveled up orange lol or a buddha's hand
Cameo part of one foot lol
Somehow, for the first time in my life, I have exactly the right amount of yarn. I used my last gold (was that 4? 5? Hate how i can never keep track), used 1 grey, and using the other grey.
I carefully pivoted to grey top. Had just enough and then a bunch of failed cast ons I kept for sewing ends.

Comin together! One decrease with pattern on yoke. Classic northern style. Fair isle has that nice element of really easy to see the row you're on and make mistakes but the fact that it's one complete wrap tallest row to bottom row all around makes it so much easier to keep height of design repeat since you're not trying to pay attention to a 4 row pattern, or a 8 row pattern, etc. It's a complete collar design. Hollaaaaa lol
I do not remember when but I did use up the last chunk of yarn. I am on Ball/Skein #4.
I will just have to weigh it after. Since the colors are from the same line, just different dyes.
---
Join was very interesting. Matching up inner corner of sleeve/body was interesting. Just was too loose. But I didn't expect k2tog, k1psso to look like this. I guess I'll go back and resew the arm joint.
Magic loop arm!
Ball/Skein #3
So finally got to actually use the loop. I was surprised 40 inches was actually good for the body. Now I think about all the sweaters I did on like 28 inches and I'm like JFC so wonder they choke-hold-ed. If 40 inches is really nice and that's basically 1.5 times bigger.
It was not what I expected. Once I figured out to switch tri-fold??? it was pretty simple. The problem was I was really worried about over stretching random parts, but then I was like wait a minute--DPNs do that, too. So yes, there were a few stitches that were pulled awkwardly once the work got a little bit bigger, but no more than if I was improperly doing DPNs. Then, my concern was if I was bending the cable of the circulars too hard, but seems fine so far. Still kind of stressful but better. It is definitely visually the "omg knitting is scary" and I definitely would have problems with twisting a billion times (more like at least three times).
This picture was also surprisingly hard to take. My husband was like "are you done taking pictures already go to sleep" LOL
---
After Ball/Skein #2
---
Ball/Skein #1
Using 50% merino. Didn't realize until later it was part spandex or something. :( Yarn bee must be merino. Was on clearance and I got like 15 skeins for $1.07 to $2.00 each. SCORE. Got mostly this gold and the two grey there were.
Tip#1 no frog fo u
I personally hate calling tearing out rows "frogging" and I also think it's a terrible technique. Cut the thread neatly. Set aside. Directly pick up and attach to the work you've just done/done over and knit with slack directly from the messed up piece as it was when it was set aside. Yarn goes directly from a worked state into another worked state and if it's part of a project, you will already be using the same tension, needle, gauge, everything. Ripping it up in between worked state is a terrible use of emotions, time, money, everything. Be nice to yourself and your things. It is normal to paint over when painting, etc.
Tip #2
When you are using magic loop you still have to separate a few chunks of stitches as if they were on separate DPNs. The only difference is you are working with fewer pointy objects. A bit weird not having something to push outward from my stomach since I have an infamous "one long crunch" when I sit down on the couch and knit over an evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment