It shrank in the wash :(((((
But then it stretched out with proper treatment
But the arms are too skinny :(((((
I guess I have enough to try again.
I have 9 balls left and about a third of a hat completed and the first attempt completed.
---
Great new set up by hubby! Little multicolor canoe. The finger ladders seem a little too intense for this kind of slim intarsia.
---
Feed with spools! More long term wooden canoe in progress
---
It was all for nothing. Realized my original CO was for a swester, not a vest. Had to start from ground up with separate front and back ugh. Using the gable vest stch measurements.
Cannibalized much of the old one but since it had full stockinette sides until armholes ran out of main color slack faster and had to stop canibalizing that one for now.
---
Trial: decided to print an argyle template. Was tired of scribbles in my knitting notebook.
---
Grey tails fed through to the bottom. It's kind of what I was thinking anyway but the work wasn't tall enough to really work.
Mis-decided on the gauge. I just went by number of stitches and that was not the right thing to do. 121 sts front and back, three large diamonds of 41 (19 per side). Probably should have narrowed the argyle panel but didn't want it to get weirdly skinny.
I am on maybe fourth juniper moon DK ball, maybe 2/3 of tan, and 1/3 of contrast sage green.
---
Almost done with first row of diamonds
Hubby helped me cut a cardboard feeding panel/ladder. It was really hard to figure out a set up.
---
I really had to think about shoulder construction. A set in sleeve would required decreasing over the pattern. A raglan would disrupt where the front and back meet. So then I realized I could do a pattern within the margins of the shoulder construction. It would make the argyle skinnier but solve the problem. Also depending on how you do it it looks MUCH less like a power ranger LOL
So I decided to go with a narrower than full body argyle with classic set in sleeve construction or whatever the hell
---
I actually know how many balls I bought this time.
I bought 16 DK Juniper Moon Findley.
The first 50g ball was just exactly enough for the three inches of bottom rib.
---
I measured and calculated for generic vest and then compared to Peter Easy and copied the google image as best as I cared to.











No comments:
Post a Comment