OUR Christmas Tree 2022

Finished!

---

Doing the head!
Cute little stormtrooper head
Starting skeleton

Decided to go with evergreen PWN snow capped pine tree look

---

Always the ugliest part. Early assembly.

---

Leaves way too concentrated but I just need to see square inches that I'd done so far. Going to probably tear apart and resew with plain panels later.

---

You may or may not notice, but I have left the top of the top piece with a hole so that over the holidays we can choose to either change toppers or what not. I will have to make a super long panel (like over a foot and a half long) and make a base spine winding-y and then graft in the little branches I made. This is just going to be too packed/crowded. 

---

I guess I forgot to take pictures but the spine/wrap panel did end up bein almost 2 ft long. You can sort of see it now, how much it extended the height of the tree and made it less SQUASHED because I didn't have to sew the panels to each other. A main tree that I sewed panels onto instead. 

---

 Apparently I also didn't take pictures of the stuffing. After stuffing, I had to "plug" the bottom. Stuffed it, then sewed the bottom flat avoiding the tree feet.

---

After the tree itself was packed and good to go, I cut and sewed a circular panel (poked holes through and sewed ring/spacers around the feet holes) and then tuck the edges in.
Setting up the tree skirt
Tree skirt bottom edge sewn in!
Experimenting with sizes and placement of balls
Do bauble knots, sew in with main color.
Baubles sewn!
Star! (Hubby's Job)
We went with a taeguk design!
Little presents! Adding bows!

No comments:

Post a Comment